Ties to the Land Workshops near you!
Ties to the Land focuses on succession planning, the human side of estate planning. This workshop will focus on strategies to maintain family ties to the land from one generation to the next; building awareness of the key challenges facing family businesses; and motivating families to address the challenges. It is a facilitated and interactive workshop with DVD-based components that provides effective tools families can use to decide the future of their land.
- October 24, 2015 from 9am-3pm at the Hopkins Demonstration Forest, Oregon City. For more information and to register, http://extension.oregonstate.edu/clackamas/forestry
- November 7, 2015 from 10am-3pm at the OSU Extension Office, Island City. For more information and to register, http://extension.oregonstate.edu/union/forestry
- November 14, 2015 from 1pm-7pm at the KBREC Learning Center, Klamath Falls. For more information and to register, http://oregonstate.edu/dept/kbrec/
- November 21, 2015 from 10am-3pm at the Rogue River Library, Rogue River. For more information and to register, http://extension.oregonstate.edu/sorec/forestry
- December 5, 2015 from 10am-3pm at the Pacific University, Forest Grove. For more information and to register, http://extension.oregonstate.edu/columbia/forestry/events
Who is this for?
Successful succession is a collaborative effort. We are committed to ensuring that the many individuals and associations that may be involved have access to the resources and support they need.
Family land ownership issues
The differences among family members in values, goals and lack of critical skills can lead to disaster.
How Ties to the Land can help
We provide the essential tools and resources that help woodland owners make the decisions necessary to achieve their objectives and pass their land to succeeding generations.
Bring Ties to the land to your area
Help guide others through a successful land transfer.